Tips & Trends
Paul's tips to clean and refresh grout
Is your grout looking dirty? Grout can get dull and off colour over time but with these simple steps you can spruce it up in no time!
To clean your grout, you will need the following items:
· Grout Cleaner Solution (Available at LifesTiles!)
· Scrub Kit with Scouring Pads (Available at LifesTiles!)
· Grout Sealer (Available at LifesTiles!)
· Spray bottle
· Clean water
· Mop & bucket
- Pour a mixture of the solution and water into a spray bottle. (Please read the instructions on the bottle for the right water/solution ratio) and mix well.
- Adjust spray nozzle to jet
- Spray solution directly onto grout joint. In most cases you will see a fizz like substance on the grout and the dirt & grime will start to come out of the grout immediately.
- With the scouring pad scrub grout joint gently.
- Do not leave solution on grout joint for more than 5 minutes. Wash off solution with clean water and a cloth.
- Repeat washing with clean water several times until there is no sticky residue.
- Once dry, seal grout with Aquamix Same Day Grout Sealer.
Grout cleaning is now complete. The next time you clean your grout you will be able to scale down the grout cleaner to general household detergents.